7 ways to boost your car value
The price of all commodities is on the rise with every passing day. Owning a car is a dream that every individual harbors. But with the hike in economy this remains to be a dream for most individuals. For many people buying a new car is out of question, so the best option for them to make their dreams come true is by purchasing used cars.The first thing that the seller has to do is carry out a proper car valuation. You can sell used car to car dealers or even opt for the online mode for a more direct approach, but for either of the options the used valuation is a necessary first step. This job has become much easier with car valuation online. It is of utmost importance to keep your car under proper maintenance. Maintaining your vehicle helps it perform better, keep you safer on the road and thus fetches you a larger sum after used car evaluation. Not only that the car maintenance service actually save you money in the long haul. Here are 7 ways to boost your car value-
· Regular oil change - Changing your oil is one of the dirtiest jobs on road to maintenance but it might be the most rewarding too. You should go for oil changing at least 4-5 times a year in spite of the high cost involved. You can cut down on the cost by changing it yourself. It is guaranteed to increase the life of your car. However you should never change your oil when your engine is hot.
· Proper cleaning of air filter - Clogged air filters can reduce gas mileage in older cars with carbonated engines by as much as 14 percent. Hence it is imperative that you change or clean the air filters every 12 months or 12,000 miles.
· Pumped up tyres - One should always check the tires' pressure at least once in a month, including the spare. This helps boost fuel efficiency and cuts down on wear and tear. Low tyre pressure can make your vehicle consume more fuel up to 4%-6%.
· Battery Maintenance - The key to keep you car running smoothly over long period of time is proper maintenance of the battery. A simple visual check at regular intervals and regular servicing can extend the battery life.
· Radiator Flush - Your car’s radiator and cooling system need to be clean to work efficiently and effectively. With normal wear and tear, your car’s radiator builds up deposits that can disrupt the cooling system. A radiator flush is a quick and inexpensive way to keep your system in shape
· Giving it a proper shine - Not just the internal parts your car also needs to be maintained well on the exterior front. Use products designed exclusively for cars rather than opting for cheaper options like hand soap, dish washing detergent, or household glass cleaners, which can also strip off the protective wax.
· First Impression is the last impression - This holds true in every case. The outward appearance of your car is what the potential buyer will see in the ads which will make them approach you. So it is of utmost importance that you give special attention to its appearance to gain maximum benefit during second hand car valuation process.